There are two main weight training routines: body sculpting and bodybuilding routines. The first type is used by the group who wants to stay fit and lose body fat. This can be achieved by adding some muscle and losing body fat. This lasts pretty much and the challenge is to reach a 13-16% body fat range for a woman and between 8-10% for a man.
The second type is called bodybuilding training. For bodybuilders, the main purpose is to add as many pounds of muscle as possible while their fat levels have to reach approximately 8-10% fat level.
Rules for good bodybuilding weight training routines:
• It has to be short (45-75 minutes maximum, 60 being best)
• The rest between sets should be kept to a minimum (90 seconds or even less)
• The sets should be between 8-15 repetitions for muscle mass gains and 15-25 repetitions for body sculpting purposes
• Training must be cycled and varied
Rules for training for bodysculpting:
• Perform 20-40 minutes of aerobic exercise 3-4 times per week in the morning on an empty stomach
• Conduct 3-4 weight training sessions of 30 to 60 minutes per week utilizing basic exercises such as chin-ups, squats and bench press
These rules are easy to follow and the results will be great. Not only that you’ll look great, but you’ll also be able to add muscle mass.